Make sure you have the right insurance
TANZ has partnered with Builtin to provide an insurance package for members. Pick and choose the cover you want to suit your needs.
- Public liability (minimum $2m recommended, higher limits are available if your situation or contracts require it) – covering your liability for accidental damage to someone else’s property. The policy automatically includes $100,000 for damage caused by faulty workmanship. Includes associated legal costs too.
- Statutory liability – covering your liability for breaches of legislation, including fines under the Building Act, Fair Trading Act, Resource Management Act, The policy also covers associated legal costs. Health & Safety fines cannot be insured, but the policy will pay legal defense costs if you’re prosecuted as well as any reparations awarded by the judge.
- Tools & equipment – insured for their full replacement value (new for old) in the event of damage or theft. Builtin’s policy has a $500 excess for accidental damage and only $1,000 excess for theft.
- Commercial vehicles – if you’re using your vehicle for work it should be insured under a commercial policy, not as a private vehicle. Otherwise you may find your claim declined. Builtin’s policy includes no excess windscreen & glass replacement. Also $2,500 of signwriting cover if the vehicle is written off. Trailers under $5k are insured for free when insuring another vehicle (but they still need to be listed on the policy).
- Professional indemnity – covering claims against you for mistakes made in the provision of your professional service. Examples could include failure to follow a specification correctly or accidentally installing the wrong tiles. A third party (eg. your customer) must have suffered a financial loss to trigger a claim.
- ACC dial down and income protection – broaden your cover to include illness as well as accident with private income protection insurance. And at the same time reduce your ACC levies to offset the cost.
QUICK QUOTE FORM
Complete the quick quote form below to get your quote. Then choose the cover you want and we’ll get it sorted. No paperwork required and with our trade experts available to answer all your questions by phone or email.